Phase 40 Coming SOON!
The Montcalm and Ionia Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) is a federal program overseen by a local board of nonprofits and government organizations and administered by United Way Montcalm-Ionia Counties. The program’s purpose is to supplement and expand the work of local organizations providing services to combat food and housing insecurity.
Montcalm County's EFSP received a total of $190,000 for the past two years of funding. Ionia County's EFSP received a total of $132,226 in the past two years of funding.
|34||10/1/16 - 1/31/18||$24,845|
|35||2/1/18 - 3/31/20||$25,352|
|36||10/1/18 - 3/31/20||$29,852|
|37||1/1/20 - 5/31/20||$22,841|
|CARES||1/27/20 - 5/31/20||$43,289|
|38||1/1/20 - 5/31/21||$31,898|
|39||11/1/21 - 4/30/23||$22,550|
|ARPAR||11/1/21 - 4/30/23||$69,697|
|34||10/1/16 - 12/31/17||$6,916|
|35||1/1/18 - 1/31/19||$8,297|
|37||1/1/20 - 5/31/20||$13,241|
|CARES||1/27/20 - 5/31/21||$28,870|
|38||1/27/20 - 5/31/21||$30,337|
|39||11/1/21 - 4/30/23||$14,234|
|ARPAR||11/1/21 - 4/30/23||$45,544|
The local board requests proposals from organizations providing services in alignment with the program intent in high-need areas of the counties. Funding is determined through a competitive process. The local board encourages applications from nonprofit organizations and government organizations in the following funding categories:
- Served Meals - meal programs
- Other Foods - food banks, food pantries, organizations that provide food boxes, restaurant vouchers/gift cards
- Mass Shelter - organizations providing shelter beds/free shelter (without any requirements or costs around stay)
- Other Shelter - organizations providing paid emergency shelter (hotel/motel assistance)
- Rent/Mortgage Assistance - organizations with rental and/or mortgage assistance programs
Application processes for all funding phases are currently closed. Check back regularly for updated information.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.